This week we celebrate Thanksgiving at the High Line. Thank you for supporting us do all of the things we do to keep the park thriving. We have much to be thankful for this year.
- We opened the new section of the High Line in June, doubling the length of the park and adding 50,000 more plants to its landscape.
- The High Line is on track to welcome more than three million people in 2011. Wow!
- More than 35,000 people joined us for free and low-cost public programs and events at the High Line this year.
- All stakeholders have publicly committed to saving the final section of the High Line at the West Side Rail Yards. We are now planning the design and construction.
- Support from our members and donations large and small are helping us sustain the High Line through its busiest year on record.
We wish you and your family a very happy holiday. Don’t forget: you can walk off your Thanksgiving meal on the High Line. The park will be open for normal operating hours, from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM, on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25.