Plan Ahead: Web Shop Sale & Holiday Toy Drive
Visit the High Line Web Shop to find exclusive holiday gifts and fun stocking stuffers for all ages.
As we enter the holiday season, consider giving special people in your life a gift from the High Line. Our apparel, products, and books are perfect for architecture geeks, design enthusiasts, green thumbs, urban planners, and children alike. What’s more, every purchase from our High Line Web Shop directly supports the High Line’s ongoing maintenance, helping us keep the park beautiful, clean, and welcoming all year long.
Follow us after the jump to see our favorite gift ideas for the 2012 holiday season.
Take advantage of a special sale on Cyber Monday, November 26 with 20% off all purchases. To obtain the one-time coupon code, sign up for the High Line Email Newsletter by Wednesday, November 24.
It’s the gift that keeps on giving. This holiday season give the gift of Friends of the High Line membership. It’s a great way to support the park, and get your loved ones involved with this innovative park. Support from our members provides crucial funding for the operation of the High Line, allowing us to employ gardeners to care for the park’s plantings, maintenance crews to ensure the High Line is clean, educators to lead field trips and programs, and much more.
This holiday season, we’re offering a special benefit to thank you for becoming a member. Join Friends of the High Line by December 31, and receive our High Line member tote. This sturdy cotton bag is the perfect way to show your support of the High Line!
You can also give the High Line fan in your life one of our special merchandise items that feature the iconic High Line logo designed by Paula Scher of Pentagram. There are T-Shirts, sweatshirts, umbrellas, bags, and much more!
Check out other special merchandise for High Line fans.
Check out the newest additions to the High Line Web Shop: an exclusive collection of special apparel and products created by High Line neighbor and supporter Diane von Furstenberg. The collection includes limited-edition pieces, such as men and women’s cotton tees, a lightweight scarf, sunhat, tote bag, magnets, and notebook set. All pieces feature original illustrations from Diane, along with the phrase, “Dreams come true on the High Line.”
Prices range from $10 to $85. Learn more and view photos
The High Line is not just a public park – it is a great tool to teach kids about New York City’s industrial history. The elevated railway has an exciting past that is full of stories to capture the imaginations of young ones. This holiday season, consider bringing the story of the High Line to life with:
- Peter Brown’s The Curious Garden, a beautifully illustrated children’s book that tells the story of a boy who cares for a garden hidden atop an abandoned railroad structure.
- The official High Line Train Whistle, Engineer’s Cap, and West Side Cowboy Bandana – the perfect accessories to reminisce about a time when freight trains still ran the High Line.
- For those with little ones, check out our onesies, made of 100% certified organic cotton, in white with snaps at bottom for easy dressing. The onesies are available in sizes 6 and 12 months.
For those inspired by the High Line’s planting design, consider giving one of these special gifts:
- High Line Plant Guide A full-color field guide with essential information on the High Line's more than 300 species of perennials, grasses, shrubs, and trees, as well as an enhanced map of the park’s 12 distinct landscape zones.
- DVF High Line Sunhat This stylish hat is the perfect cover for those spring days in the garden or for those sunny days on the beach.
- High Line Notecard Set Our favorite horticultural photographs of the park in all four seasons. Each set contains 16 full-color cards and envelopes, four each of four images, and made of 100% post-consumer waste and soy-based ink.
- High Line Plant Tee With an intriguing list of scientific names of the High Line’s most beloved plants, this charming tee is sure to be a conversation starter and recognized among plant enthusiasts. The tee comes in a beautiful heather natural color, made from 50% organic cotton, 50% post-consumer recycled polyester blend.
Check out our book collection with vivid images and narratives telling the story of the High Line.
Every purchase from the High Line Web Shop helps sustain the park’s ongoing maintenance, which is supported by funding raised by Friends of the High Line for private and philanthropic sources. If you would like another way to show your support for the High Line, check out ways to give back to the park.