Photo by Juan Valentin
Happy Friday, NYC!
If this grey gloomy week got you down, remember: the sun will come out tomorrow! The weekend forecast looks to be sunny and in the 60s both Saturday and Sunday. Not sure what to do to make the most of it? Let us share with you a few ways you can enjoy spring on the High Line. Maybe it's time for a visit!
- Start the weekend off right with an early morning jog. There's no better way to come out of hibernation than to get moving and enjoy some fresh air.
- Meet new New Yorkers at our mingling event In Search Of, tomorrow (Saturday, April 11), from 2:00 – 5:00 PM. You never know, you could find a spring fling, BFF, or new partner in crime.
- Take photos. Plants, street fashion, architecture – you name it. And yes, you can take some awesome selfies here too.
- Did we mention that In Search Of will feature some of the High Line's delicious food vendors? The High Line food season doesn't begin until April 25, but you can sample treats from LaNewyorkina, hot empanadas from La Sonrisa Empanadas, and delicious seasonal fare and (adult) beverages from Terroir this Saturday during the event.
- The long winter months spent indoors can bring out the pastiness in many of us. Soak up some rays on the Diller – von Furstenberg Sundeck (see above photo), on the High Line between West 14th and West 15th Streets. In addition to a variety of chaises longues for reclining, chatting with friends, drinking a cup of coffee, or just reading your favorite book, this location also makes for some great people watching.
- Get a sneak peek of High Line Art's newest group exhibition, Panorama. While the exhibition officially kicks off on April 23, installation of some of the exhibition's works is already underway. Follow @highlineartnyc for more information and a behind-the-scenes look at the process.
- Go on a treasure hunt for some of spring's earliest flowers. Download our April bloom list to discover what's in bloom and where to find it.
- Have lunch en plein air. Grab a friend and some grub, and make your way to the High Line. Places like the 10th Avenue Square, with its sunken steps overlooking 10th Avenue, or the 22nd Street Seating Steps have ample space for eating and socializing in full sun.
- Go urban birdwatching. New York City has more birds than just pigeons! You can discover some of the usual avian High Line visitors to look out for on our blog.
- What better way to cap off a beautiful spring day than to enjoy a stunning sunset with someone special. The Diller – von Furstenberg Sundeck, on the High Line between West 14th and West 15th Streets, is the perfect place to take in breathtaking views of the setting sun… and New Jersey.
Have a lovely weekend, wherever you may end up!