During Make It Sweet! on Saturday, July 23, you can enjoy a whole day of family fun on the High Line: get your hands dirty in our mobile garden, create a large-scale art installation with an artist, hear stories from everyone's favorite librarian, design custom-made structures with the Children's Workyard Kit, and watch an outrageous variety show with the performers of Whoop Dee Doo.
Here are five great reasons to come to Make It Sweet!:
1. Watch a live show by Whoop Dee Doo that includes games, skits, dancing, prizes, giant bee puppets, a 12-foot sticky honeycomb, and incredible Indian dance groups.
3. Create life-size peppermint sticks and chocolate bars with everyday materials like straws, rain ponchos, and shower curtains!
3. Build a car, a swing, a wishing well, or anything else you can dream up with our Children's Workyard Kit!
4. Get up close and personal (safely) with hundreds of bees inside a 5-foot-tall live hive! An expert from Bee Kind Farms will be there to answer any questions and provide the latest buzz all about bees!
5. See and feel more than 1,000 worms in our worm bin! (Did you know that red wriggler worms have five hearts!?
Major support for High Line Families comes from Deutsche Bank. This program is supported, in part, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the New York City Council.
MetLife Foundation is a Supporting Sponsor of High Line Families.