A design master plan for the High Line's conversion to public open space will be developed between now and Winter 2004/5 under the guidance of a steering committee
comprised of representatives from FHL and the City of New York. FHL seeks a Project Manager to manage FHL's role in the master plan's development.
Primary Responsibilities of the Project Manager
Desired Experience for the Project Manager
- Act as primary liaison between design team and working group made up of FHL and City representatives
- Create and manage a schedule of design deliverables, public meetings, site visits, and working group/steering committee review meetings and work sessions
- Coordinate production of documents requiring input from multiple working group members
- Research and evaluate NYC code requirements and prepare briefings
- Manage project budget and City, State, and Federal funding applications
- Coordinate community input sessions with design team and community representatives
- Oversee production of all meeting materials and presentation and exhibition materials related to design process
- 3 years work experience in a relevant field(s), including government relations, community outreach, architecture, landscape, and/or planning
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience administering contracts
- Excellent skills in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Project (or equivalent)
Commensurate with experience
Send resume, cover letter, and three professional reference contacts via postal mail and/or e-mail to:
Friends of the High Line
Attn: Human Resources - Project Manager
430 West 14th Street, Suite 304
New York, NY firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
FHL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.