Friends of the High Line (FHL) has adopted this Privacy Statement in order to inform you of its policies with respect to information collected from this website. Your use of this website constitues your acceptance of this Privacy Statement and your consent to the practices it describes.
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
When you visit the FHL website, as when you visit most other websites, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged, which may include information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP addess through which you ccess the Internet (such as "aol.com" of "earthlink.net"), the date and time you access the site, the pages you access while at the FHL website, and the Internet address of the website, if any, from which you linked directly to the FHL website. This information is not personally identifiable.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you, for example, your name, address, telephone/fax number, email address or any informaton you submitted to FHL, that identifies you individually.
FHL will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it. Therefore, if you do not want FHL to obtain any personally identifiable information about you, do not submit it. You can visit and browse the FHL website without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You you also choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself, which will be maintained as described below. FHL may collect personally identifiable information about you from its website by methods such as the following:
- Transactions and Activity
- If you conduct transactions through the FHL website, FHL may collect information about the transactions you engage in while on the website and your other activity on the site. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the website that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, and payment, shipping, and billing information.
- Email and Other Voluntary Communications
- You may also choose to communicate with FHL through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
- Disclosure of Information
- FHL does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. FHL may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its website or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information. FHL may also disclose personally identifiable information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena, governmental request, or investigation, or as otherwise required by law.
- Information Use
- FHL may use the personally identifiable information collected through its website primarily for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users
- opening, maintaining, administering, and servicing users' accounts or memberships
- processing or servicing transactions and sending related communications
- providing services and support to users
- improving the website, including tailoring it to the users' preferences
- providing users with updates, notices, invitations, and other information about FHL
- responding to your questions, inquiried, and comments
- maintaining the security and integrity of its systems
This website is directed toward and designed for the use by persons aged 13 or older. FHL will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships, for any child whom FHL knows to be under the age of 13. FHL does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If FHL nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom FHL otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, FHL will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child's parent of legal guardian may request the child's information be collected or deleted from FHL by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"COOKIES" AND ADVERTISERS
The FHL website's server or the servers of companies that are used to operate this site, may place a "cookie" on your computer in order to allow you to use the website and to personalize your experience.
A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a Web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow FHL to recognize your computer while you are on its website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories, and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website.
You can visit and browse the FHL website without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You may also choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself, which will be maintained as described below.
Most Web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of this website.
FHL maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information. If transactions are offered on the site, transaction information is transmitted to and from FHL in encrypted form using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. FHL restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
In order to better communicate with you, FHL may send you emails related to news updates, online transactions, security, or the administration of its website. From time to time, FHL may also wish to send you other messages or updates about FHL and its activities. If you do not wish to receive these communications from FHL, please send an email containing your request to email@example.com with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line
FHL reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the information practices of FHL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org