Join us for
Haunted High Line on Saturday, October 28 and travel back in time to learn the history of the High Line. Get into character with artistic face painting, capture memories with our old-time photo booth, dance, go on a scavenger hunt with candy, and watch live performances.
This free event takes place on the High Line from 11 am to 3 pm, and is geared toward kids 0-12.
Here are the top ten reasons to treat your kids to this unique experience:
1. Sing your favorite Halloween tune with our Expressway Music DJ/Karaoke Booth!
2. Make your own model of a neighborhood with other families with teaching artist Archforkids!
4. Find each ghost and hear their story to get candy!
5. Look at creepy crawlers at our Mobile Garden.
6. Experiment with dry ice with HYPOTHEkids!
8. Learn the Thriller dance with The Brandon Project!
9. Walk through the Ghost Tunnel if you dare!
10. And after all your exploring, purchase a seasonal treat from one of the High Line's food vendors!
People's Pops will offer Concord Grape, Raspberry Basil, and Apple Pie pops, as well as Apple Lime Ginger Shave Ice. Lanewyorkina will feature Oaxaca Chocolate, Day of the Dead Bread, and assorted sweets. Melt Bakery's featured autumn ice cream sandwich will be "Jack"(molasses cookies + pumpkin ice cream).
Photos by Rowa Lee.
High Line Families is supported, in part, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the New York City Council.