1. Definitions"Friends of the High Line’s Web site" is an on-line service operated by Friends of the High Line, Inc. ("FHL") on the World Wide Web of the Internet, consisting of information services and content provided by FHL, affiliates of FHL, and/or other third parties. "User" means each person who establishes or accesses a connection ("Session") for access to and use of FHL’s Web site.
2. General(A) This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to use of FHL's Web site, governing the use of certain specific material contained in FHL's Web site, sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of FHL's Web site by User. By using FHL's Web site (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), User agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use FHL's Web site is personal to User and is not transferable to any other person or entity. User is responsible for all use of User's Session (under any screen name or password) and for ensuring that all use of User's Session complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement. User shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of User's password(s), if any.
(B) FHL shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of FHL's Web site, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
3. Changed TermsFHL shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to User's use of FHL's Web site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on FHL's Web site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which User obtains notice thereof. Any use of FHL's Web site by User after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by User of such changes, modifications or additions.
4. User Conduct(A) User shall use FHL's Web site for lawful purposes only. User shall not post or transmit through FHL's Web site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without FHL's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that in FHL's discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying FHL's Web site will not be permitted. User shall not use FHL's Web site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become Users of other on-line information services competitive with FHL's Web site.
(B) FHL's Web site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of FHL's Web site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. FHL owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. User may download copyrighted material for User's personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of FHL and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. User acknowledges that it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
(C) User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on FHL's Web site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User. User shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of FHL's Web site, User automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted FHL the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. User also permits any other User to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that User's personal use. User hereby grants FHL the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on FHL's Web site by User.
(D) The foregoing provisions of Section 4 are for the benefit of FHL, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability(A) USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF FHL'S WEB SITE IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. NEITHER FHL, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT FHL'S WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF FHL'S WEB SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH FHL'S WEB SITE.
(B) FHL'S WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
(C) THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT FHL IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
(D) IN NO EVENT WILL FHL, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING FHL'S WEB SITE OR THE FHL'S WEB SITE SOFTWARE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE FHL'S WEB SITE. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON FHL'S WEB SITE.
(E) IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER FHL, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN FHL'S WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO THE USER, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. FHL, ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR INVESTMENT DECISIONS BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. NEITHER, FHL, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.